Sunday 28 April 2013

Offensive levels of neglect

Last week was busy, but that is no excuse for not keeping up with my entries.

Last fridays Life drawing was in preparation for our animation workshop which at the moment is tbd, I decided to use biro, it was pretty effective at getting the drawing down quickly and confidently. Rest of the day was used to carry on with my narrative project.

Monday: Travelled to Bristol to look at the RWA Drawing exhibition, was a loooong journey, but it was nice to see such a wide range of work on display and it was great for getting ideas and inspiration for my own work, got a series of drawings done in my sketch book on the way back which was a nice change from my usual approach so I would say the 8 hour round trip was just about worth it.

Tuesday: Had an epic lecture from Phil, again lots of really great information, plenty of names in my notebook to be researching, and nice to see this approach from a different angle. Afternoon was just spent carrying on with my narrative drawing, was doubting wether to carry on with what I was doing and if it was the "right" way, but since there is no "right" way to do this project I had a couple of solid ideas and want to continue with it now.

Wedsnesday: Not very eventful, did a bit more work on my narrative piece after having some neat ideas (vignette style animals and a treasure map in background) 

Thursday: Joint project with the 2nd years, Looking at non linear drawing, the likes on pointillism and van Gogh, was actually really interesting and have really been enjoying using colour of late, it is a nice change of pace from my standard pencil drawings. Got some good feedback from Isolde which has been taken into account and ready to explore. 

Friday: Reportage life drawing, was really enjoying this, used pencil at first and then found myself using biro, I have been a lot more confident in my mark making recently and I will be should to see this continue and evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment