Sunday 10 March 2013

Plans for the Easter Break, Personal Developments and more

Ok so we have recently had the importance of our personal development, the work we produce on Thursdays, Fridays, Print workshops and our own time. This is more relevant to myself more so than some of the others. As I have previously stated before I have been really struggling with this side of my work this semester. I have to say I am happy with how I am developing my work in Print, and I have been unfortunate with the timings of certain events coinciding with personal development workshop days and our life drawing sessions.

In terms of the work I do outside of our directed study, I have finally decided upon a project that I think will give me the most joy and space for development over the remained of this semester and beyond.

Planned -

Project 1 : To create a series of images from Memory using architectural conventions of where I have previously lived when I was a child. Currently this is the house in which I lived when my family was in Nigeria and the Flat we resided in whilst living in Syria. I have discussed approached with Peter briefly and sit down with him and go into some more depth regarding the process of the project. I will look at artists whose work prominently features architectural conventions, and the use of memory. Piranessi would be a good start.

Project 2 : To teach myself digital drawing, I have 4 weeks effectively on my own over the easter break and I am planning on using some of the time learning the intricacies of digital art.

Project 3 : As the weather continues to improve I want to continue going on walks along the coast, this will give me the opportunity to plonk myself down and start drawing what I see, this will be something I will continue over the course of the summer past the end of the semester.

Current -

Isometric : I was unfortunately unable to attend the first Isometric drawing workshop, however I have since talked to Peter and believe I have a decent understanding of the fundamentals involved. I will be continuing with this project along side the other projects I have at the moment. I am also planning on finishing my part of the large Isospective drawing in the following week.

Life Drawing : I have been unfortunate that I have had to miss several Life Drawing sessions this semester so far, the first being helping with the interviewes and the second I was ill. However I will be able to attend several extra ones in the coming weeks as I am helping out with a school visit on wednesday afternoons.

Print : My development of monotypes and my evolution of my space project from last semester is going well, I will continue this as and when I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment