Thursday 23 May 2013

Maps - part 3

So the blog has not been hugely active recently, most due to unhealthy amounts of procrastination. However with deadlines approaching I realised that I haven't actually officially recorded any of the work I have done in the past few weeks other than ramble about them a bit.

First things first, the second Map project, was a conceptual idea, recording 10 minutes of anything. As I have previously stated, I chose to record 10 minutes of thoughts, in all I ended up with 77 post its over the course of time. With these I decided to place them on an A1 sheet and then use this as a dynamic layer with which I can change in order to map a variety of the different experiences over the 10 minutes.


Time running from left to right and top to bottom.


From here I wanted to map 2 key parts of the experience, firstly was the thoughts I had over the course of the 10 minutes.

The map not including any of the distractions which had affected me.

Secondly I wanted to reverse this and map all the distractions over the course of the 10 minutes.


The interesting thing I found about this was that it is obvious that as I become more comfortable with the experience I get distracted less by non external influences.

Finally I wanted to map each related group of thoughts on the page.


This was an outcome that surprised me with just how many of my thoughts could be placed under the same categories, these and the distractions where interesting as several key themes started to reveal themselves to me as I had been blind to them before.


No comments:

Post a Comment