Monday 18 February 2013

Tearing Reflections

This weeks project is a continuation on last weeks, an evolution of sorts on the second step of our gestalt drawings of last tuesday. 

We had to take 1 of our A2 interior drawings and tear it up, then on a fresh A1 sheet, stick the pieces in random positions and then draw a new image of a space on that sheet. I have to be honest, I haven't really enjoyed the last couple of processes we have been working with. The original gestalt drawing was a satisfying and almost therapeutic experience which was a breath of fresh air after the constant observational drawings of last semester. However I havent felt like I am achieving anything with these current ones, they haven't led to any desire to carry on exploring this process once we've finished with it. 

I know that it is ok to feel like this, and it's completely acceptable, but on top of my continued battle to get my focus and drive grove back that I had achieved last semester and my inability to start with any meaningful work outside of projects set by the tutors, I am really struggling to get my shit together.  

Rant over - Tomorrow will be a new day, rested, open mind, new material (graphite stick!) and pictures of the work from the last couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment