Thursday 10 January 2013

Isometric Drawing

Ok so today was a personal development day and our mini project was carrying on from the work we did yesterday on perspective, we started with a quick tutorial on eye line perspective, which is incredibly useful for sketching quick scenes.


A quick sketch using eye line perspective

After this we went through the basics of Isometric drawing, using a simple grid system it allows you to draw on multiple planes, allowing you to create some very confusing visual illusions.


Experimenting with the grid to get a feel for the way you can manipulate the planes

Once I'd finished experimenting I started my larger A2 drawing, in which I decide to create a little world on the page, using a river running across the isometric landscape. I have yet to finish it but I am happy with the direction it is going in.


In progress isometric landscape, I wanted to use the grid as a sort of floating island

I really have enjoyed the work we have been doing in the past couple of days, these approaches really clicked in my mind and gave me many new ways to develop my work in the future.

Need to carry on with this and the current project over the course of the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment