Tuesday 8 January 2013

Making New Realities

So last project of this semester : using observational drawings as a starting point, then translating and adapting these drawings to create a scenario.

This scenario needs to contain 9 elements :

  • Figures in uniform
  • A family group of mixed age and gender
  • A pet
  • A moving object
  • A group of farmed animals
  • A building or manmade structure
  • A place you visit
  • A plant or tree
  • Weather
I started this project by deciding I wanted to come up with the setting that will be unique but personal enough to be interesting for me to explore in detail, I have chosen Krak des Chevaliers a 12th century crusader castle in northern Syria. After this I did a quick mock up sketch for an idea in my sketchbook which came out well. and so I  began working on the rest of the elements. I have a rough idea for what I want to include and have made an A1 mock up to see if my general idea will work, I am aiming to go up to A0 for this outcome (largest drawing i've ever made).


Initial sketch working from a photo


A1 mock up


Elements to be researched :

  • Studies of a dog in movement
  • Studies of cattle
  • Average family unit in the crusades
  • Garb of Syrians during the crusades
  • Garb and banners of the Knights Hospitallers
  • Drawings of clouds and how wind effects their shape
  • Trees native to Syria
Workshop tomorrow on Perspective..

No comments:

Post a Comment