Thursday 17 January 2013

Development and statisfaction

Spent the day making sure all my work was ready and properly organised for the assessment deadline tomorrow, first time in a long time, possibly ever, I'm actually ready ahead of a deadline for once. Once that was done it was back to the scenario drawing that is slowly but surely looking like an actual drawing and not just a work sheet.

Still in two minds with how I want to finish the castle in the long run, but not there is some tone down around it it doesn't look so jarring anymore


Tried to make sure the depth of the drawing would work, aiming for it to get from dark to light, currently its all a bit to samey but I can change that later, thankfully I didn't start dark and realise this!


Added some clouds, not too sure I'm liking the general shape of them, but I can change them if I can get a better shape idea, of all the elements of this drawing I am actually happiest with the dog. I am not sure why, I just feel like it works.


I would like to get a few more parts completed before tomorrows deadline, aiming for all the ground tone to be in and possibly the shadowing on the castle? I hope as much, but I might decide to go in another direction and thus do this later on when I have more time.

Overall I have really enjoyed this project, any excuse to just draw something from imagination is always going to get me excited and ever since day 1 I have really jumped in with both feet. The combination of observation and imagination is a really nice mix and I can totally see myself doing more work like this in the future. Oddly I have found that this drawing has had an emotion effect on me, mainly just because of the care and attention I have put into my drawing of Krak, I have such fond memories of it and I know that I will either never be able to visit it again or if I could it will be a shell of its former self, that realisation has made it quite difficult at times to focus on the other elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment