Monday 14 January 2013

Work and missing weekends....

Ok so I have been insanely busy with work this weekend, thus mindlessly forgetting to update on Friday, so I guess this will be a joint catch up / reflection post.

Friday was a pretty constructive day, had a life drawing session in the morning which looked at using movement by scale and all we were to make 7 20 minute drawings on the same sheet. For once I actually settled really quickly, I am never really sure why I can reach the fabled 'zone' sometimes without realising and it drives me nuts most of the time as it never happens when I need it to. Anyway so the drawings went well and received some positive feedback from John which is always welcome. I normally enjoy life drawing but I occasionally feel uncomfortable, not about the model, but more about the atmosphere in the room and constant feedback, so I tend to tense up and try to be too tight as it is my expectation of what tutors want. Obviously this isn't the case at all but thats my problem and I am dealing with it.


My series of life drawings

Ok so Friday afternoon, I carried on with my isometric drawing, decided it was a wise idea to get the project out of the way so I could properly focus on the main project for the week, I am not sure how I honestly feel about my Isomentric drawing, part of me is glad I did something different fromt the rest of the group, however the other part of me is annoyed I chose an approach so time consuming, it really ate into alot of time that I could have spent either on other work which is needed to be done by the deadline on friday or the main project. Anyway after having spent all of friday and saturday afternoon on it I finally finished the drawing and meant I could get back to the Scenario Project on monday.


An in progress Isometric drawing, I will post the completed one tomorrow once I remember to take a picture of it

The beginnings of my A0 drawing

Ok so today I started in earnest on my final scenario drawing. I spent the morning doing some sketches of dogs, horses and a few final sketches of how the family might be standing. The dog I used is a Boerboel, a south african dog which has been recorded in syria since the 7th century, it is a really interesting dog to draw, extremely muscular and stout.

I decided to use the mothers eye level as the vanishing point and then started drawing the castle. I started by making a free hand sketch of it, then started using my ruler to tidy lines and make it work for the perspective. I put down the workings for the family and the dog, then started to work on the castle a little more. I left it at this point and will get back at it tomorrow.

Note loving this drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment